Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thrift Thursday


Joshua and I love playing board games together and owning an iPad has totally revolutionized our game time together. We LOVE playing Life on the iPad, but the game is really lacking in some aspects. We've been tossing around the idea of purchasing the physical board game, but it's pretty pricey for a board game and I'm not a fan of the whole credit card system they have in the game now.

This week I was on a hunt for vintage sheets when I came across this beauty...


An original 1960 Game of Life. I figured it was a long shot, but I went ahead and opened the box to check out the board. I assumed there would be missing pieces, but amazingly the game was completely intact! The cars, the little peg people and the dollar bills are all there and in excellent shape!





Josh doesn't love vintage stuff as much as I do so he wasn't as thrilled as I was with the find, but I think he's secretly excited to play the "real" Game of Life with me this weekend! I know I'm excited! The weather has been amazing the past few days, but Saturday is supposed to be rainy and perfect for playing board games!


No comments:

Post a Comment