Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thing 1 & Thing 2

Last week was Dr. Seuss week at Amelia's school and to celebrate the school invited the parents to dress up and volunteer to help out. I love any opportunity to help out at the preschool and Amelia loves it when I come spend extra time with her at school. Wednesday was crazy hair day, so Amelia and I dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2.


I felt like an idiot in that wig, but we were a hit with the staff and the kids. I thrifted the red t-shirts and made the Thing 1 and 2 patches with felt and fleece I had in my stash. I used Liquid Stitch to hold them together and attach them to the t-shirts and bought the wigs on sale at a local costume shop. The project cost me around $12 and it was worth every penny.

Thursday was pajama day, but I refuse to go out in public in pajamas (huge pet peeve of mine) so I dressed up as the Cat in the Hat and spent a few hours visiting the classrooms and reading to the kiddos.


The hat and bow were bought at the costume shop (also half off, yay!) and I whipped up the tail in under 5 minutes and drew on whiskers with some eyeliner. I had such a great time! Motherhood is a wonderful excuse to dress up and be silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment