Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bidness!

I have been in the planning stages of this since April, but have failed to mention it on the blog. I guess because, like I mentioned in my last post, I was afraid it was boring. In early April I made the decision that I wanted to open my own photography business.

I sent out a Facebook message to all of my nearby friends and family offering them free sessions and discounted prints to build my portfolio. I was pretty happy with the response and my portfolio looks nice. I still have a few holes, but I should have them filled within the next couple months. 

I am officially "launching" the business on July 1st. I have been working almost every night on my marketing calendar and materials. I'm working on my senior rep program and two mini sessions for the fall. My website is a constantly evolving work in progress: www.elliesmithphotography.com.


1 comment:

  1. congrats on starting this new adventure! lots of luck
    xo
    jes

    ReplyDelete