Sunday, February 26, 2012

App-Tastic!


Hooray for new features! We don't purchase a ton of apps for our iPad or iPod Touch, but when we do purchase an app and ends up being awesome, I like to share this information. It's nice knowing the $.99+ is money well spent.

The first app I want to share is Toca Hair Salon by Toca Boca. This was one of the very first apps I downloaded for the kids and it has been a complete and utter hit. It costs $1.9, but it's so worth it. I originally downloaded this for Amelia since a hair salon game seemed right up her alley, but Oliver has enjoyed this game just as much as Millie. Both kids have played this app for than any other app I've downloaded.



Kiddos can choose from six different clients whose hair they can cut, shave, color, wash, blow dry and more. Josh and I have even played with this app. The game is (in my opinion) awesome visually and inspires creativity. My kids have proven the replay-ability (totes a word) of this app over the past 7 months.

If you want to give it a spin without investing the $1.99, Toca Boca put out a free, very similar app at Christmas: Toca Hair Salon - Christmas Gift. In this app you can style Santa's beard and a Christmas tree -- for free!

We love Toca Boca apps in this family so look forward to my next App-tastic! posts also covering some of our favorite Toca Boca apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment